Summer is right around the corner. With kids finishing up their last weeks of school and you preparing for the craziness of Summer around your house, there are probably a lot of things on your mind. When weather is warmer and school is out, its also the best time for beach and pool vacations with the family, and your optimum time to get out of the city and into the sun. If you’re the parent in charge of packing for the family, there are probably a ton of things on your to do list. Whether you’re looking for a packing list for beach vacations with toddlers or are unsure what to back for a beach resort vacation, here’s a quick checklist of what to bring on your beach vacation this Summer.
Clothes for the Kids:
We’ve all forgotten something when leaving on a trip and packing for kids is whole different ball game. Even if your children are old enough to pack their own suitcases, here are a few crucial items to make sure end up in their travel bags:
- At least two swimsuits, so they don’t have to put a suit that’s still wet from the day before
- Beach cover-ups
- T-shirts and shorts
- Dinner outfits
- A few layers or light jacket in case it gets cold
- Footwear for the beach or pool and covered shoes for walking and play
Preventative Health Care Solutions:
When you’re at home, you probably have a whole medicine cabinet full of bandaids, tylenol, and a solution for any knick or cut your child might get. When you’re traveling, you probably have less supplies at hand. A few key items to always have at hand when on vacation with your children include:
- Tylenol or cold medicine
- Preventive ear care such as the acQuaMD-ear infections can ruin beach and pool vacations!
- Allergy medicine
- Any specific medications your child might take
- Kid Pepto Bismol or other stomach ache solution
- First aid kit with Bandaids, ointment etc
- Bug spray
Sunburn will not only make your kids unhappy and your vacation less fun- it can have long lasting negative health effects for your kids. Some prevention items to have include:
- Sunscreen, at least SPF 15 and ideally waterproof
- Hats and sunglasses
- Shades or umbrellas for the beach
- Rashguards and sun shirts for kids
- Lots of water!
Don’t forget about you!
As a parent, you’re used to putting your kid first. While that’s never a bad thing, it’s important not to forget about a few things you need to have a great vacation as well! A few choice items include:
- A great book
- A camera (check that batteries are changed and you have a good memory card!)
- Plastic bags always come in handy
- (A bottle opener never hurts)
- A beach bag, to avoid everyday bags getting sandy or wet
- A small cooler
- Hand sanitizer
- Glasses /contacts
- Whatever else your heart desires!
What to Pack for A Day at the Beach
Now that you have your suitcase packed, its also important to have everything you need in your beach bag for day trips as well. Some beach bag essentials and fun things to bring to the beach include:
- Towels for the family
- Sunscreen, protective hats and rash guards
- Floaties and other water toys for the kids
- Sand toys and beach balls for playing on shore
- Beach umbrellas to get out of the sun
- Snacks and water
- Plastic bags for wet items after the beach
- Beach-proof shoes
At acQuaMD, we love the water and we live for the Summer. We also believe in safety and preventative care to make the most of your experience. To learn more about acQuaMD and preventing ear infections and Swimmer’s Ear for you and your family, visit our website today!
Featured image courtesy of Pexels.com