Also known as cerumen, earwax is a natural substance produced by our body to keep the ears lubricated, moist and free from bacteria. It traps the small particles like dust and dirt, thereby preventing them from reaching the eardrums and causing infection to the ears. Though wax dries up and falls out taking the trapped debris with it, sometimes, it builds up into the ear and causes discomfort. The wax build-up also affects the hearing abilities of the person. That’s where you need to think about cleaning the ears with peroxide.
- Lie on your side with the problematic ear kept towards the sky.
- Take a medicine dropper and fill it with around 10ml of hydrogen peroxide solution. Put that solution into your ear canal; you will need a few drops only.
- Wait for a while and the solution will start bubbling.
- Once the bubbling sound stops, turn your head around and lie on your side with the treated ear kept downside. This position will cause the hydrogen peroxide solution to drain from your ear.
- Now, you can use a cotton swab to remove the remaining earwax from the outer ear.
- Let the ear dry and repeat the process with the other ear.
Cautions while cleaning ears with hydrogen peroxide
- Follow the instructions given on the hydrogen peroxide packing.
- Make sure to use diluted peroxide.
- Don’t use peroxide if the ear wax blockage is severe.
- In the case you have an ear injury or an inner ear infection, you should not use the peroxide.
- Don’t use the solution too frequently as it may cause dryness or irritation in the ears.
- If you don’t notice any difference even after using the solution two or three times, you must consult your doctor.
Apart from these cautions, you should also avoid using objects for cleaning your ears. However, if you are looking for help to remove extra water trapped or the extra wax build-up in your ear, you must check the acQuaMD. It is a device that, specially designed to remove the trapped water from the outer ear canal. It is safe and easy to use. For further information, you can visit https://acquamd.com/.